IMPORTANT NOTE: All documents presented to obtain a Library card must include your current address.
1. Be a Garland or Saline County resident.
2. Verify current address using one of the following document types:
a. Arkansas Driver’s License or Arkansas I.D. card
b. Local Utility Bill
c. Bank Checkbook
d. Garland County Tax Receipt (Real Estate or Personal) or Assessment – (must be official document).
3. Provide Social
Security or Arkansas Driver’s License Number – which must be confirmed with a Social Security Card,
4. Provide an Alternate Contact – a friend, relative, or neighbor who does not reside with you and whose residential phone number is in the 501, 479, or 870 area code.
1. A parent or legal guardian must accompany the applicant (ages 5-14), and the parent’s identification will be used to verify residential address and social security number.
2. Young adults (age 15 and older) may apply for their own cards and may use their own identification for verification.
Non-resident Cards are available for people who do not reside in
Applicants may checkout a maximum of three items at one time during the first three weeks.